Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Your Own Virtual Teacher's Lounge!

The Teacher’s Corner allows for a ton of interaction among teachers. I referred to it as the world’s teacher’s lounge (stealing the name from one of their many sections) because this is exactly the kind of feel the website works to give. The creators seem to want us as teachers to treat it as an open forum in which we can all feel free to post our concerns and hopefully help others facing problems we have (somehowJ) managed to overcome. I think that collaborating as teachers generally creates an even greater learning environment for students because they are then able to get each teacher’s best foot forward, which is why I was so intrigued by their virtual teacher collaboration section. Doing projects which will affect schools from different areas allows a sense of community among not only the school district and teachers but students also who will feel a connection to people different from them. It really is like a teacher’s office with the way it offers up so many different potential resources ranging from ideas for units, but even potential teaching jobs! There may not be specific jobs posted, but I think that it is admirable that the site takes the time to offer up the sites it finds most useful to hopefully help us all get hired that much quicker! The book corner represents the book shelf where teachers would typically store books which they have utilized in some way or another and would thus recommend to other teachers in their profession. All I have to say is that in my placement this semester I have found that the teacher’s lounge is one of the places I have learned the most in and I hope that this site can help you guys in the same way!

No comments:

Post a Comment